Sunday, May 29, 2016

Fetal Heartbeat

So, here is some irrational thinking for you. And may I preface this- I am not an irrational person. I am very realistic.
A fetus should have a heartbeat between 6-8 week, right? So, in my head, since I was 6 weeks yesterday, I should have been able to find the heartbeat with a Doppler. Well, surprise surprise I didn't. And apparently, in my eyes, that means there isn't one and that something is wrong.
I know that it is irrational thinking. But because of everything that has happened with my other pregnancies I just assume the worst.
I cannot relax. I feel like I cannot enjoy this pregnancy- and that is really unfair for this baby. Hopefully things will get better after our doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks.
Until then, I am going to rely on my meditation, yoga practice, and healing crystals to help with my anxiety.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment